Steps Together – Securing Addiction Recovery & Helping Prevent Coronavirus
During the current Pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Steps Together remain committed to the delivery of safe and effective treatment programmes for all our clients, and have been working hard to adjust the way we do normally do things so that we are able to continue providing successful treatment and sustained recovery.
We understand that many of our clients, their families and others may feel anxious and vulnerable at the moment, and that this virus is also deeply affecting the mental, physical and emotional health of people across the world. Steps Together Rehab is there for you every step of the way and we have continued to maintain our services to ensure that those most vulnerable are able to access treatment and support at either of our treatment centres.
Here’s a glimpse into what we have done so far:
- Increased our range of COVID -19 screening questions prior to admission for all new clients, ensuring we understand more about our referrals and who will be accessing treatment
- Introduced a daily programme of temperature and physical health checks on all staff and clients
- Ceased our programme of external activities (Gym, Swim, Cinema, etc.) and replaced this with a range of activities that enable clients to still exercise safely through personal trainers or catch up on a great movie!
- Introduced a range of different therapies to our treatment menu, and our team are constantly finding new, fun activities to complement the treatment programme
- We have sadly had to close our doors to family visitors, but are continually supporting our clients to access Skype, Zoom and other digital ways of keeping in touch with their loved ones.
- Enhanced our in-house housekeeping and hygiene services to ensure our facilities stay ahead of the Virus spread
- We have sadly stopped our open weekly Aftercare Programme for the time being and replaced this with a dedicated 24-hour telephone support service for clients and their families struggling with recovery in the middle of COVID-19. If you are concerned or need support, call us now: 03330 150631
Deputy CEO & Infection Control Lead, Steve Jones says:
“The current situation in the UK and abroad is impacting on all people and businesses. We are determined that our services remain open and safe for those who need them most during this difficult time”
“Many people in the UK are feeling the impact of this virus on their mental health and well-being, and many are slowly developing a dependence on alcohol or drugs to help them cope. At Steps Together we understand this and are working hard to ensure that our services remain open for business and able to deliver an energetic and diverse programme that secures great recovery for those who need it most!” Said Steve.
But, don’t just take our word for it….
“I have just completed 6 weeks of the most amazing journey of my life at Steps Together. The team have worked really hard for all of us and were still able to give us a fantastic treatment programme, despite the Lock Down!” Martin 46 (Derby)
Karen, 38 from Sheffield said “The team are my absolute heroes – Many have their own families and fears in the middle of Coronavirus, yet every staff member have given us 100% and kept us focused on our own goals. I know who my claps will be going to next Thursday night! – Thank You Steps!”
Andy, 32 (London) “I have I had an amazing experience. Barry’s (Physical Trainer) Boot Camp Sessions were amazing and really made a difficult work out a great experience in the fields. We ached for days, but I feel fitter now that I have ever done”
Hannah 34 (London) “I was due to leave 3 weeks ago, but was so worried about facing the outside world in the middle of this virus. Steps helped me to extend my stay, and made sure that my mental health was solid before I left – I was so scared, but now I am facing my new life with excitement!”
WORRIED ABOUT YOUR’S OR SOMEONE ELSE’S ADDICTION? CALL OUR DEDICATED ADMISSIONS LINE NOW AND LET US HELP YOU FIND A SOLUTION ON 0800 038 5585.