What is Time To Talk Day 2022?
Time to talk day is a chance for those to open up about mental health. The aim of today is to get people to open up, talk and listen. www.mind.org.uk states that 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England. 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem such as anxiety and depression, in any given week in England.
What is mental health?
Mental health affects how we feel, think and act. It is an essential and integral part of our health. It can refer to emotional well-being, cognitive and behavioural. Our mental health also indicates how we relate to other people around us, how we handle stress and make healthy life choices.
Why talking is so important for mental health?
- Talking to someone about mental health will help you ‘off load’ and will allow you to get things off your mind
- Talking and sharing your experiences about mental health could help inspire others open up
- Talking about mental health shows a sign of enormous strength, mental health is not a sign of weakness
- Talking about mental health can help reduce anxiety, stress and can reduce pressure
- Talking about mental health could help you gain access to a support group or therapist
Time To Talk Day is a day to encourage people to learn more about mental health.
- To show that all types of conversation matter
- To become more confident
- To help inspire others in order for people to get the right support
- To lessen the stigma around mental health.
Those who suffer with poor mental health are more likely to experience a substance misuse problem. Likewise, people suffering with an alcohol or drug addiction are more likely to have mental health problems.
At Steps Together we offer a range of Rehabilitation and Outpatient Services including, Private 1-1 Therapy, Family Interventions and Private Family Therapy. To find out more please click here or speak to a friendly treatment advisor today on 0330 175 7031.